Monday, August 4, 2008

Our Schoolroom

Well, the new school year is quickly approaching, and it's time to get things ready!

I just recently noticed that our colorful timeline is a little less colorful...rather, some of the colors are faded now. I just hate not using wall space in the schoolroom, so I went through a history book of J's that had a timeline in it (which had everything already separated into categories!). I was inspired by the Konos timeline that I was never able to put up in the apartment when J was small--but now, we've gone condo, baby, and that wall is ours to destroy...er, decorate as we please!



The afternoon sun has faded some of the blues and purples in the room, making some categories look pink, but it's still a nice colorful addition to our room--and makes you want to read it (and learn something!).



I took the events and put them in a word file with some fairly big, bold font...a different font for each category should the colors fade (what a forward-thinking person I am--or is that "disaster-minded?"). They're printed out in black ink on colored copy paper and stapled to 2-3 foot strips of bulletin board border. Then I just tacked them up to the wall!

No comments: