Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Young Man's Christmas List: 2008




Yes, it's that time of year again, and the Young Man has a new Christmas list. I will not pretend to know what in the world some of these things are, as I have passed the age of understanding (or I'm seriously lacking in mental capacity).

So here's the list, in no particular order of importance. Please note that I am merely the messenger, and all questions regarding items on the list will be met with a shrug and an "I dunno" from The Great and Powerful Mom.

Please note also that as I am typing this list, the Young Man is adding to it. I'm not sure that it will ever be done...you know how it is. It's an ambitious list, and the Young Man is quite aware--because I have told him that repeatedly. He knows he's not going to get all of it, but wants to throw a lot of ideas out there.




1. The Wii version of Sonic Unleashed.




2. A new GameCube controller--non-wireless, please. (TGAPM note: He has recently done some surgery on his controllers, replacing good parts for bad ones. Yes, the Rest Home for Wayward and Elderly Electronics is well under way here in Indiana...actually, ours is just a satellite location; just ask the Tall Bald Guy)




3. The World Ends With You for the DS.


4. A Classic Controller for the Wii. (So he and the Codester can play more games together.)

5. Wii points.


6. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii
TGAPM Note: The nut went out and bought it with the rest of his birthday money. Sheesh. I have sentenced him to forty lashes with wet garland.

7. A Gaming Mouse and Keyboard.

8. Stuff to make the computer games run faster. (TGAPM note: The Tall Bald Guy said something about memory for the computer, but my own memory fails me, so I'm just quoting the Young Man on this one.)




TGAPM also has suggestions for the Young Man, which are maybe a little more practical, but nonetheless are things he could always use:

1. Tracfone minutes

2. Rechargeable AA batteries and a charger (for the Wii controller)

3. Sweatshirts--this year he's into the zip-up kind

4. Snarky t-shirts (I think that's genetic--and I'm blaming this one on the Big Brother!)

5. Those teeny little headphone things--you know, the earpieces that go halfway into your brain...yeah, I'm old.

6. Little Caesar's Pizza gift card--one just opened up not a 1/2 mile from here, and the Young Man and the Codester are loving it!

AND..I'm really going to say it...SOCKS. Ha!

No comments: